Wednesday 09th April 2003
back to news section

3 More vital Points Secured

Bracknell Manics faced Syngenta again this week. This time it would be away, in a league game, with Syngenta looking for revenge after last weeks loss in the cup. The line up changed. Luke Phillips was away, so Glenn Evans dropped back to right back and Alan Morris earnt his first start for the Manics up front. The rest of the team remained untouched.

The Manics went off to a flying start and created a lot of chances. Syngenta replied on the 15th minute Ryan Millward was on hand to clear the ball off the line.

On the 23rd minute the Manics took the lead. Elliott Fairs won the ball in midfield and passed to Gary Sarney. He laid the ball off to Comper who put in a low cross to Paul Milner for an easy tap-in.

6 minutes later and the Manics slipped up, costing them a goal. A good through ball from the Syngenta midfielder, meant James Robinson would be caught up in a 50/50 challenge with the Syngenta forward. Robinson tried to chip the ball over the player, but was tackled and the rest of the team watched as the forward walked the ball over the line.

Another 6 minutes passed and there came another goal for the Manics. Alan Morris flicked the ball past the defence, and Elliott Fairs ran on, pressuring the defender. Soon enough, the Syngenta defender made the mistake of passing back the ball to the keeper. Fairs cut out the pass, and ran on towards goal. Taking the keeper the wrong way, Fairs poked the ball into the net to make it 2-1.

Just before the end, Syngenta equalised. A long throw wasn't cleared quickly enough. Syngenta picked up a loose ball, and was able to target the Manics goal. No challenge was made, and the shot went past Robinson into the net.

The Manics went for an early goal in the second half, and Morris scored his first league goal for the club. Robinson took a big goal kick, and Syngenta punted it back up the pitch. Fairs was there again, and cut out the pass, punting it back into the Syngenta half towards Milner. Milner laid the ball off to Morris who chipped the ball over the keeper and onto the upright, before the ball fell over the line and into the net.

15 minutes passed and the first substitute was made. After a good game, Morris came off and James Blackman came on, Blackman played left back and Joel Curran was given orders to play up front.

4 minutes later and Glenn Evans would have to come off due to injury. Mark Eveleigh came on and played right wing, and Aaron Goddard dropped to play right back for the remainder of the game.

On the 22nd minute, the Manics took a two-goal lead. A sloppy clearance was brought down by Sarney in the Syngenta box. He turned the player, and managed to get a shot off on goal. It was blocked and it fell to Milner who couldnt miss from ther, tucking the ball into the bottom corner out of the keepers reach.

6 minutes later and it looked like Syngenta could creep back into the game when they scored. Another ball down the middle, and Ryan was unable to get the challenge in on time, and the Syngenta forward fired another past Robinson.

Manics took a lot of injuries soon after as Syngenta tried to get the equaliser. Ryan Millward, Elliott Fairs, David Comper and Aaron Goddard all needed treatment from stand-in first aider Lee Wilcox.

But on the 40th minute, Manics sealed the 3 points. David Comper cut out a weak pass and charged down the pitch on goal Milner was available, but Comper was confident enough to finish the ball himself making the final score 5-3 to the Manics.

Well done to the Manics - who are beginning to push for promotion!

Thanks to all the fans who turned up to watch the game!

 Final Result: Syngenta 3 Bracknell Manics 5

 Man of the Match
   "Ground out win although we deserved it, after all Fairs is Fair..."
Elliott Fairs  

 Tonight's Match: Birch Wanderers vs Bracknell Manics
 Ground: Great Holland's Crem (pitch1)

Official Sponsor for Bracknell Manics FC