sunday 28th September 2003
back to news section

Robbo's on Manics shooting Range against Reeves

Bracknell Manics took on Reeves Rangers Seniors for the second time this season in the first round of the Berks and Bucks Cup..

David Fenton


Glenn Evans

Neil Tagg

Tony Hemley

James Blackman

David Comper

Simon Blay

Aaron Goddard

Joel Curran

Gary Sarney

Mark Robertson

BENCH: Wilcox, Phillips

Bracknell Manics went for the kill early doors this week. After just 12 minutes of play, the Manics went 1-nil up. After pinning Reeves in their half, James Blackman stepped up to take a throw. It was flicked on twice, first by Paul Milner and then by Joel Curran, and Mark Robertson, one-on-one with the keeper slotted the ball into the net...

Eight minutes later and the second goal came. This time a great through ball from Paul Milner, passing the ball to Robertson, and with a clever drop of the shoulder, Robertson sent the keeper to the deck to walk the ball calmly around the keeper and into the net.

Soon after the third goal and hatrick from Robertson came the Manics way. Manics won a corner, and Glenn Evans stepped up to take. Tony Hemley was up for the corner and headed the ball at goal. A defender got a weak touch and the ball fell to Milner, who shot, but it was again blocked of the line, only as far as Robertson who made sure the goal would come, slamming it home and making it 3-0.

Milner was the next to score, another with his head, proving too strong for the Rangers defence, and Joel Curran was at hand to grab the assist. This came just before the break, and in the second half Manics went out to play some good football.

On the 56th minute, Simon Blay opened his goal account with the Manics, with a header at the back post, after a long throw from Milner was flicked on by Robertson.

Reeves Rangers stepped up a gear, but it was all too late by then, and the Manics were becoming settled into the game, despite some times of pressure. 20 minutes towards the end, the first substitute was made.

Despite another long shot, and on his left foot this week, Glenn Evans hit the bar, Evans was subbed soon after, having played a good game, to give Lee Wilcox some time out on pitch. Minutes later and Robertson was given a breather, and 'super sub' Chris Wilson would come on in his place.

Minutes later and after a stressful period, the Manics couldn't take the pressure any more, and conceded a goal.

The final substitute would be James Blackman who would come off to be replaced with Luke Phillips. Within 2 minutes of play, Phillips made a great run into the box, and from the edge was unlucky to score. Robertson (3), Milner (1), Blay(1).

Manics are through to the next round! Well done to the fans who came to watch the game.

The Manics Man of the Match went to Aaron Goddard.

 Final Result: Reeves Rangers Seniors 1 Bracknell Manics 5

 Man of the Match
   "Go on you Manics!"
Aaron Goddard  

Official Sponsor for Bracknell Manics FC