sunday 08th February 2004
back to news section

Hatrick Hero Robbo Blows Away Finch

Bracknell Manics needed the victory in this weeks game against Finchampstead A to stay top of the table...

James Robinson


Tony Hemley

Brian Judge

David Fenton

Simon Blay

Aaron Goddard

Gary Sarney

Elliott Fairs

David Comper

Mark Robertson

Barry O'Connell

BENCH: Phillips, Impey, Patsalides

Bracknell Manics went for the kill and it wasn't long before the first goal came. On the 10th minute, Bracknell Manics earnt a corner at the Finch end, and David Comper stepped up to take. The wind caught the ball and Tony Hemley pounced at the back post launching the ball into the roof of the net to make it 1-0.

The Manics had more chances, and soon the second goal came on the 29th minute, Gary Sarney assisted Mark Robertson for his first in the game.

Finch began to fight back, launching long balls and attacking the Manics wings. On the 37th minute, a long ball was met well by James Robinson, who punted the ball back in reply over Finch's back line. Mark Robertson was through on goal and scored on the counter attack for the Manics.

Finch pulled a goal back just before the break, when a crafty run opened up the Manics defence and Finch's man up front put the ball past Robinson to make it 3-1.

Manics made no changes in the second, and within minutes, Robertson earnt a hatrick, and another contender for a goal of the season award. Winning a ball in midfield, Robertson took the ball past two of Finch's players before hitting the ball from 25 yards, into the roof of the net.

5 minutes had gone before Simon Blay kept the Manics ahead at distance by working hard to slide and save the ball off the line and keep the score 4-1 just 5 minutes later when the Manics were caught by a long ball and a lucky bounce.

The onslaught continued, and soon enough Barry O'Connell made his mark on the score sheet. The disheartened Finch side watched in despair as O'Connell's strike slipped under the Finch keeper and into the net to make the score 5-1.

With 25 minutes remaining of the game, Bracknell Manics made their substitution. Robertson came of to an applause from the fans, David Fenton was pushed on up-front, Tony Hemley dropped into centre-back position, and Luke Phillips went on to fulfil his right-back position for the remainder of the game.

Only 10 minutes later David Fenton was next to score after beating a defender and then the keeper in a 1-on-1 in front of goal.

On the 80th minute, Aaron Goddard was in good mood when he scored his first goal for the club this season. David Fenton unselfishly laid the ball off to Goddard to finish Finchampstead 7-1.

Well done to the fans, great support this week, and good to see some friendly faces at the pub after!

The Manics Man of the Match went to Mark Robertson.

 Full Time: Bracknell Manics 7 Finchampstead A 1

 Man of the Match
   "Bring on the Dog & WHO!!!"
Mark Robertson  

Official Sponsor for Bracknell Manics FC