Sunday 25th October 2004
back to news section

Manics Caught Sleeping and Birch catch 3 points

James Robinson


Brian Judge

Mark Gates

Barry O'Connell

Joel Curran

Gareth Jones

Elliott Fairs

Aaron Goddard

David Comper

Gary Sarney


Mark Robertson

Bench: Fenton, Dennaford, Phillips, Blackman

Bracknell Manics had a lot to do today, missing Tony Hemley from the line-up, Barry O'Connell was drafted in as centre back. Birch went off to a flying start - within 10 seconds of the game kicking off, Birch went 1-0 up, and then hit their second into the back of the net just 10 minutes later.

Aaron Goddard did well to find space put his shot on goal went wide just 5 minutes later. Then on the 30th minute, Gary Sarney had a chance to make it 2-1 as well when Mark Robertson was pulled down in the box. Sarney's penalty was saved, and David Comper, who did well to pick up the loose ball hit the side netting.

Just before the break, Birch scored their third, leaving an unhappy Manics team for a half time talk.

In the second, Manics took their chances better - within 5 minutes, Manics made it 3-1 when Robertson set up Jones in front of goal. 5 minutes later, Manics made their first substitute, Brian Judge would be first to leave the pitch, and David Fenton would come on, and the formation changed to 4-4-2 with O'Connell back up front, and Elliott Fairs as right back.

The Manics were back in business, and it wasn't long before O'Connell stamped his authority up front - awarded a penalty for his hard work in the box. This ime, Mark Robertson put it away, despite Birch's keepers, touch n the ball.

Manics thought they had the game won, but the equaliser was ruled off-side. A final change was made with 5 minutes on the clock - Blackman would come on for Jones and the midfield was shuffled about.

Birch were on the back foot - clearing every Manics attack, and Birch failed to create any decent chances in the second half. Manics were creating chances by the minute, and Birch owe their keeper a pat on the back for his hard work.

The final whistle ended the game 3-2 to Birch Wanderers.

Thanks to the fans who came to watch the game!

The Manics Man of the Match went to Elliott Fairs.

 Final Result: Birch Wanderers 3 Bracknell Manics 2

 Man of the Match
   "Go on you Manics"
Elliott Fairs  

Official Sponsor for Bracknell Manics FC