Sunday 27th February 2005
back to news section

Manics Gain B-Reeve-ing Space At Top Of Table

James Robinson


Simon Blay

Tony Hemley

Mark Gates

Joel Curran

Glenn Evans

Gary Sarney

Elliott Fairs

David Comper

Mark Robertson

Gareth Jones

Bench: Dennaford, Blackman, Patsalides

Bracknell Manics were in high spirits after last weekends emphatic victory over Finchampstead, and looked for another vital win over a transformed Reeves Rangers Seniors side.

From the whistle, Manics piled on the pressure, as chance after chance came and within a minute of play Gareth Jones had already hit the post. The first goal came after 5 minues of play, as a result of a swift counter attack by Bracknell Manics. Stand-in striker Gareth Jones slotted the ball through to
Mark Robertson to make it 1-0.

Minutes later, the second goal for the Manics was dissalowed after Mark Robertson handballed the ball into the net, and swiftly recieved a yellow card for his wrong doing.

On the 15th minute, another goal was ruled offside and then minutes later Glenn Evans hit the crossbar for the Manics in what was turning out to be a tough mental game to deal with. When Mark Robertson missed a penalty, despite hitting the target there were murmurs from the support on the sideline that the game could go the other way if the Manics didnt take their chances any better.

But on the 30th minute, Bracknell Manics finally got their reward for their hard work and stretched their game to a two goal lead. Some nice passing through the midfield left
Gary Sarney with time to tee up a shot in front of goal. From outside the box, Sarney culed the ball over the defenders and away from the keeper into the net to make it 2-0.

At the break, Manics coach Andy Impey had plenty to say, but to sum it all up - play the simple football and more composure in front of goal. James Robinson also made up with his defence after yet another torrid 'screeching' affair with his own team-mates at one point in the first half.

Within 15 minutes of the second half Manics made it three. Some nice passing play from the right side involving Simon Blay, Gary Sarney, Elliott Fairs and Glenn Evans, and an overlap to once meet the ball again, Blay's well-exectued cross was met by
Gareth Jones to hammer home. Minutes later Bracknell Manics had their first change to make; David Comper wasn't at all well, and he came off to be replaced by James Blackman.

Manics were awarded a penalty on the 67th minute when Simon Blay was pulled down inside the box. This time a wary Gareth Jones stepped up to take, but again the Reeves keeper pulled off the save to keep them in the game, only then for Mark Gates to hit the crossbar soon after.

On the 75th Minute, Bracknell Manics thought they had the game wrapped up when Simon Blay hit the underside of the bar and the ball bounced over the line, only for the referee to overule the linesmans decision and dissallow the goal, awarding a goal kick to the home side.

Manics made a further swap. Glenn Evans came off to be replaced with Steve Dennaford, who came close with one chance before the end but the ball flew over the bar, resulting in the score staying 3-0 to the Manics.

Bracknell Manics would like to dedicate this weekend's match to Simon Fenton who sadly passed away. Thanks to the support in this weeks away match.

The Manics Man of the Match & the Referee's Man of the Match both went to Simon Blay.

 Final Result: Reeves Rangers Sen 0 Bracknell Manics 3

 Man of the Match
   "It WAS over the line"
Simon Blay  

Official Sponsor for Bracknell Manics FC