Sunday 6th March 2005
back to news section

One More Game For Manics To Become True Greats

James Robinson


Simon Blay

Tony Hemley

Mark Gates

Joel Curran

Gareth Jones

Gary Sarney

Aaron Goddard

David Comper

Mark Robertson

Barry O'Connell

Bench: Roake, Blackman, Fairs, Patsalides

Bracknell Manics aimed high again this weekend; another three points in the league needed against a physical Twigg Reserves side.

Manics were well-prepared from the start, a good pre-match warm-up meant Manics would be quick out of the blocks.
Gareth Jones scored first to make it 1-0, after some great passing football by the Manics split the Twigg defence. Mark Robertson did well to thread a well-timed through ball to Jones who slotted the ball past the keeper.

Minutes later, and Manics increased their lead to 2-0. This time, Gareth Jones returned the favour, sending
Mark Robertson through on goal to score a similar style goal.

David Comper came close on the 30th minute, a long range effort deflected off a defdender and hit the post before being cleared off the line.

In the second half, Twigg Reserves came out fighting. After 5 minutes of play, Gareth Jones could continue no longer after a late challenge near the end of the first half. Tim Roake would be the substitute to come on in his place. Minutes later Aaron Goddard was booked for a sliding challenge, despite a half time warning.

On the 75th minute, Twigg clawed a goal back after some well-deserved football. Manic's gave away a foul in their half, and a screaming free kick was scored against James Robinson, only able to get the slightest of touches, but not enough to keep it out of the goal. Bracknell Manics had a chance to finish Twigg off minutes later when a Simon Blay run and cross was met by Roake in the box, in front of goal, only for him to miskick and the keeper collect the bobbling shot on goal.

With this, Twigg settled into the game and began to play some good passing football. Bracknell Manics had to make a further substitution when David Comper was injured after another bad challenge. James Blackman came on to fill the left wing slot for the remainder of the game, and just before the full-time whistle Gary Sarney was the third Manics player to be substituted; Elliott Fairs came on in a straight swap.

It wasn't easy this week, but Manics held out for the last five minutes of the game to earn a hard fought, valuable three points in their 04-05 league campaign.

Thanks to the support in this weeks match.

The Manics Man of the Match went to Aaron Goddard & the Referee's Man of the Match went to Mark Gates.

 Final Result: Bracknell Manics 2 William Twigg Res 1

 Man of the Match
   "Go on you Manics!"
Aaron Goddard  

Official Sponsor for Bracknell Manics FC