sunday 15th January 2006
back to news section

Tell someone about this news

Twigg Victory is Docher's Delight

Bracknell Manics kicked off and began brightly against William Twigg Albion this week, but after some good pressure from the home side, William Twigg began to come to grips with their opposition.

Gareth Jones had the first chance of the match after only two minutes, breaking free from a good through ball, but his shot was saved. But then a minute later, Twigg found their feet. A dangerous ball was delivered into the box which bounced awkwardly and found its way to the Twigg forward, Docherty with too much space. Docherty turned and shot to make it 1-0 to the Twigg.

Manics replied on the 7th minute with another good chance. Again for the second time, his shot was saved again to keep the Twigg in the lead.

But then William Twigg scored to make it 2-0 on the 13th minute, again with too much space, Docherty fired in his second after long ball up field.

Only 5 minutes later, Mark Robertson had to receive treatment after an elbow off the ball. Robertson came off for treatment but there was little that could be done for his smashed teeth. Nevertheless, Robertson agreed to continue and was brought on again.

Robertson then had a chance on the 24th minute after a poor piece of distribution from the Twigg keeper. The ball fell to Robertson 35 yards from goal, but Robertson's shot was off target with an open goal, with the score 2-0 at half time.

Robertson would be the first Manic to be subbed; his groin injury coming back to haunt him and Bracknell Manics FC once again. Reserves prospect came on to fill his place, Alan Matthias.

5 minutes into the second half, Bracknell Manics had another chance. This time some good pressure down the left thanks to Gavin Baker, Manics earnt themselves a corner. Glenn Evans delivered a perfect ball into the box, and Mark Gates connected heading just over the bar.

But it would be the next ten minutes that would put the Manics to shame. Docherty earnt a hatrick and then netted his fourth soon after from a quite brilliant free kick.

Manics had further problems on the 71st minute when David Fenton would have to be subbed with a pulled hamstring to take him out of the rest of the game. Manics would shuffle players around; Simon Blay filled in at the back, Glenn Evans dropped to right back, and Alan Matthias would play in the centre, and Barry O'Connell came on upfront.

A minute later and O'Connell had his first chance after a great ball from Ryan Warman, but again it was saved; whereas at the other end William Twigg went on to score their 5th of the game.

With ten minutes remaining there was little that could be done except try to nick a goal at the other end for the Manics hard work. Even that wasn't possible though, Matthias was soon on the end of some nasty treatment, and having come on, would have to be subbed and Nikos Patsalides came on causing another shuffle of positions out on pitch. Twigg simply killed the game off, keeping possession of the ball to end the game and advance to the next round of the Berks & Bucks Cup.

Scorers: None.
Assists: None.

The Manics Man of the Match went to Gareth Jones and the Referee's player of the match went to Aaron Goddard!

Thanks to the fans for coming to watch this weekend!

 Final Result: Bracknell Manics 0 William Twigg Albion 5

 Man of the Match
   "Heads up Manics, there's plenty of fight in us yet"
Gareth Jones  

The Golden Farmer - Sponsoring BMFCAdvantage Copying Services Ltd - Sponsoring BMFC
Official Sponsors for Bracknell Manics FC