Sunday 26th March 2006
back to news section

Tell someone about this news

Warman's Blue Army Lead A Manic Rampage

Manics had to win this weekend to make it to the final. Their opposition was the defiant Crown Royals, having beaten them last season to win Division One, Manics knew this was going to be one of the toughest games yet of all season. Helping out the Manics though, would be an army of fans and supporters!

Royals looked a little casual on arrival, whereas the Manics on the other hand were being given the warm-up of their lives by Mark Gates..

Manics started the brightest of the two teams, playing some great football. Within minutes of the first half Ryan Warman's 'Ashley Cole' style run opened up the Royals defence. Luckily for Royals, Warman's shot was off target.

That was Royals wake up call, who quickly stepped up their game.

The remainder of the half was well fought, with both sides having chances; but after such a bright start it would be Manics who would concede. Manics back four were caught outnumbered at the back, and Royals square ball across the box was neatly put it away to make it 1-0 to the Royals. Mark Gates was then booked for his unsporting behavior towards the referee after the goal had gone in.

Manics made a change minutes later. Brent Marais, still with a niggling hamstring injury would be replaced with a hungry Barry O'Connell.

Manics equalised minutes later, but the goal scored by Mark Robertson was ruled offside. Fans at the sidelines couldn’t believe it as they watched O'Connell in a 1-on-1 get tackled by the Royals keeper before Robertson ran from behind O'Connell collecting the ball and score - only to watch the linesman rule it offside.

In the second, Manics dismissed the bad decisions and quickly began to pick up on their game.

A mounting period of pressure finally paid off when Gareth Jones equalised for the Manics to make it 1-1. Royals couldn't clear the ball and Jones did well to poke the ball scrappily underneath the keeper.

Two further goals followed from the Manics in quick succession. First a similar goal to Jone's first, Mark Robertson did the same to take the Manics ahead.

Next, Barry O'Connell scored from a long ball from Robertson. O'Connell had the pace to beat the Royals marker, then the strength to shrug him off before striking to make it 3-1.

The Manics began to control the game, and Ryan Warman came close a second time when he cut inside and shot with his right foot, striking the bar before the ball was hurriedly cleared.

Manics made a change with 12 minutes remaining on the clock. Gary Sarney came on at right wing to replace Gareth Evans.

Royals were suddenly back in with a chance to win it when they scored with 5 minutes on the clock to make it 3-2. Then James Robinson was sent off with only 30 seconds remaining, for allegedly serious foul play on a Royals player. But Manics held out for a win, and now they can look forward to playing Saracens in the final of the Bracknell Town & District Sunday Football League Senior Cup on the 5th May.

Scorers: Jones (1) Robertson (1) O'Connell (1).
Assists: Robertson (1).

The Manics Man of the Match went to Ryan Warman and the Referee's player of the match went to Simon Blay.

Thanks to everyone who came to watch this weekend! We Really appreciated your support and look forward to seeing you all again in the final!!!

 Final Result: Bracknell Manics 3 Crown Royals 2

 Man of the Match
   "A great team effort - bring on the Saracens"
Ryan Warman  

The Golden Farmer - Sponsoring BMFCAdvantage Copying Services Ltd - Sponsoring BMFC
Official Sponsors for Bracknell Manics FC